Tuition and Fees
Tuition Calculation Chart
|Contact Hours||In-District||Service Area||State of Michigan||Out-of-State||International||Contact Hours||General & Student Activity|
Tuition Fees and Policy
Students will be assessed on a per semester contact hour basis, effective Fall Semester 2022:
|Fee||Per semester contact hour|
This cost does not include laboratory and course fees. Tuition charges are subject to change without notice upon action of the Board of Trustees.
Note: A contact hour is equivalent to the time the instructor spends in the classroom.
A general fee will be assessed at $25 per contact hour per semester.
Student Activities Fee
A student activity fee of $5 per contact hour will be assessed.
$9 per contact hour per semester
Other fees assessed not including individual course fees are as follows:
- Student ID Card Fee: First card is free.
- There is a $5.00 replacement ID charge.
- Test fee for Credit by Examination: $50.00
Course and Laboratory Fees
Laboratory and course fees will be charged according to a schedule adopted and periodically revised by the Board of Trustees. For further information regarding laboratory and course fees assessed for individual classes, please contact the Vice President of Academics. All fee charges are subject to change without notice.
STUDENT OBLIGATIONS, FINES AND FEES
Students shall be held responsible for all fees, fines, and other obligations which they have incurred with Glen Oaks Community College. A hold may be placed on the student’s record and transcript which may stop the student from registering or having official copies of transcripts sent.
If a student desires to challenge his/her fees or other obligations, he/she shall have an opportunity to do so by requesting a meeting, in writing, with the reason for the challenge specified clearly to the appropriate Vice-President of the area that initiated the hold on the student’s record. The student should follow the “Due Process” procedure of the College for the challenge.
Reduced Tuition for Senior Citizens
Credit Courses: Glen Oaks Community College provides for a specific Senior Citizen tuition benefit. This benefit provides residents of In District who are sixty-two (62) years of age or older at the time of registration, waived tuition, technology fees, general fees, and activity fees for a maximum of eighteen (18) credit hours per year. Beyond the eighteen (18) credit hours per year, regular tuition and fee rates apply. This benefit is subject to the following conditions:
- The citizen is to enroll in the course during the one week ahead of the beginning of the course.
- The minimum class size (which determines whether a given course has sufficient enrollment to be offered) must be attained without considering the senior citizen enrollment.
- Maximum class size shall not be exceeded by the enrollment of senior citizens.
- The course enrollment will be as an Audit with no college credit granted.
- Senior citizens must pay for any specific course/laboratory fees and Distance Learning fees associated with the class.
- The senior citizen tuition waiver may not be used for tuition costs for limited and competitive enrollment academic programs, including Nursing, Allied Health, CNA, and other career development programs.
- This course enrollment does not permit open use of the college Wellness/Fitness Center.
Non-Credit Courses and Programs
- The senior citizen tuition policy and benefit does not apply to continuing education, customized business training, or other courses, seminars and workshops that may be offered at the college.